Gathering at Franklin Park
Dear church family,
Here are the details for our new location on Sunday mornings at 11:00am, beginning July 26, 2020.
Hillsboro Pavilion at Franklin Park in Purcellville (17501 Franklin Park Drive). Upon entering the park, drive until you come to a T in the road. Take a left and you'll see the pavilion on your right.
Note: restrooms will be available now (!), located below the performing arts center, right by the pavilion we'll be using. Also, there is a playground right by the pavilion that is currently open to the public (with capacity limits).
11:00am. The service will run approximately one hour.
We will be using a public facility for the first time since COVID restrictions began. Please be mindful of others and exercise the following safety protocol so we can
- 1) be good witnesses to those who pass by and
- 2) be good stewards of Loudoun County's facilities.
Friend, you may have personal views about the legitimacy of these restrictions. I'm not asking you to abandon your views but instead to "set them aside" for the good of others and our witness as a church. In Romans 14, the apostle Paul writes, "Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother... So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding."
So, with that said, here are the safety rules for our gathering:
- Please maintain 6 feet of separation between family units at all times. We will observe a 50-person capacity under the pavilion roof and tables will be marked with tape to direct seating. Feel free though to continue to bring lawn chairs and blankets if you'd rather sit on the grass surrounding the pavilion. We may need to spill out into the lawn anyway if we exceed capacity.
- If a 6 feet distance cannot be observed, please wear a mask. (At a 6 feet or greater distance, masks will not be required.)
- Come Sunday, if you have had a fever, symptoms of COVID-19, or exposure to a COVID-19 case within the previous 14 days, we ask that you not attend the service but stay home and watch it on our Facebook page.
- If you opt to stay home due to vulnerability, sickness, exposure, or conscience, please join with us on Facebook.
As usual, hand sanitizer and masks will be provided. Tables will be disinfected before and after our gathering.
If you have any questions, please do let me know.